Monday 20 April 2015

And so here we go with a Record Store Day rant.....

This has to have been the poorest year yet - over 450 "exclusive" discs and only one I actually wanted and even then I knew I could walk in 3 hours after opening and pick up a copy (due to no one else being interested in a bunch of polished Nephilim demo's that even the band disowned)

The list was poor on a couple of points - firstly too much product from a few bands
3 from Bowie, 4 from Deep Purple, 6 (!) from Pulp.....

Secondly a lot wasn't exclusive. For example last year John Grant released an EP of duets that didn't appear on the album, this year it's a vinyl release of the same orchestral album that's been out for months

Finally there also seemed to be a lot of really expensive box sets. Genesis being a prime example at £80+ with single sets from Donna Summer and The Beat going for over £50....

So after putting aside my money I spent a third of what I did last year but at least I got the one I wanted (even though I did pick up the Johnny Cash single as a bonus!)

No comments:

Post a Comment